Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces
Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned SpacesÖz:
Devlet Otoritesi Boşluğu Durumlarında Milis İdaresi: Yönetilemeyen Alanlarda Meşruiyet Rekabeti ModelleriÖz:
- BRECHER, Micheal and Jonathan Wilkenfeld, 2000, A Study of Crisis, Michigan University Press.
- GURVAL, Robert Alan, 1998, Actium and Augustus: the Politics and Emotions of Civil War, University of Michigan Press.
- JOSSELIN, Daphne and William Wallace, 2001, Non-State Actors in World Politics, Springer.
- KALYVAS, Stathsis N, 2006, The Logic of Violence in Civil War, Cambridge University Press.
- KILCULLEN, David, 2015, Out of the Mountains: The Coming Age of the Urban Guerrilla, Oxford University Press.
- NACOS, Brigitte, 2016, Mass-Mediated Terrorism: Mainstream and Digital Media in Terrorism and Counterterrorism, Rowman & Littlefield.
- RISSE-KAPPEN, Thomas, 1995. Bringing Transnational Relations Back In: Non-State Actors, Domestic Structures and International Institutions, Cambridge University Press.
- ROTHBERG, Robert I, 2003, "The Failure and Collapse of NationStates" in Robert Rothberg (ed.) When States Fail: Causes and Consequences, Princeton University Press.
- SCHLICHTE, Klaus, 2009. In the Shadow of Violence: The Politics of Armed Groups, University of Chicago Press.
- TALMON, Yonina, 1972, Family and Community in the Kibbutz, Harvard University Press.
- Weber, Max, 1921, Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft. Articles and Book Chapters
- AFANASIEV, Mikhail Mikhailovich, Olga Anatolievna Tkacheva, Irina Anatolievna Getmanova, Lyudmila Aleksandrovna Tsurak, Olga
- Andreevna Pavlenko, 2015, "Eastern Donbass Resources as Improvement Factor in the Fuel and Energy Competitiveness Sector of Russia", Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 6 (3 S6), p. 329.
- AL-TAMIMI, Aymenn, 2015, "The Evolution in Islamic State Administration: The Documentary Evidence", Perspectives on Terrorism, 9(4).
- BLOMBERG, Brock, Rozlyn C. Engel, and Reid Sawyer, 2010, "On the Duration and Sustainability of Transnational Terrorist Organizations", Journal of Conflict Resolution, 54 (2), pp. 303-330.
- BOYD-BARRETT, Oliver, 2017, "Ukraine, Mainstream Media and Conflict Propaganda", Journalism Studies, 18 (8), pp. 1016-1034.
- BUNKER, Robert, 2014, "Global Security Upheaval: Armed Nonstate Groups Usurping State Stability Functions", Small Wars & Insurgencies, 25 (5-6), pp. 1065-1067.
- CARTER, David B., 2012, "A Blessing or a Curse? State Support for Terrorist Groups", International Organization, 66 (1), pp. 129-151.
- CEDERMAN, Lars-Erik, Kristian Skrede Gleditsch, Julian Wucherpfennig, 2017, "Predicting the Decline of Ethnic Civil War: Was Gurr Right and for the Right Reasons?", Journal of Peace Research, 54 (2), pp. 262-274.
- CLARKE, Renfrey, 2016, "The Donbass in 2014: Ultra-Right Threats, Working-Class Revolt, and Russian Policy Responses", International Critical Thought, 6 (4), pp. 534-555.
- COLAS, Brandon, 2016, "What Does Dabiq Do? ISIS Hermeneutics and Organizational Fractures within Dabiq Magazine", Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, 40 (3), pp. 173-190.
- COLLIER, Paul and Nicholas Sambanis, 2002, "Understanding Civil War: a New Agenda", Journal of Conflict Resolution, 46 (1), pp.3-12.
- CORDIER, Bruno de, 2017, "Ukraine's Vendée War? A Look at the 'Resistance Identity' of the Donbass Insurgency", Russian Analytical Digest, (198), pp. 2-6.
- DAHLMAN, Carl T. and Sanan Moradi, 2017, "Partition and National Fragmentation of Kurdistan", Scaling Identities: Nationalism and Territoriality, (edited by Guntram H. Herb and David H. Kaplan), Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, p. 223.
- DAVIS, Diane E., 2009, "Non-State Armed Actors, New Imagined Communities, and Shifting Patterns of Sovereignty and Insecurity in the Modern World", Contemporary Security Policy, 30 (2), pp. 221-245.
- FARWELL, James P., 2014, "The Media Strategy of ISIS", Survival, 56 (6), pp. 49-55.
- FEARON, James D. and David Laitin, 2003, "Ethnicity, Insurgency, and Civil War", American Political Science Review, 97 (1), pp. 75-90.
- FREEDMAN, Lawrence, 2014, "Ukraine and the Art of Limited War", Survival, 56 (6), pp. 7-38.
- GLEDITSCH, Nils Petter, Peter Wallensteen, Mikael Eriksson, Margareta Sollenberg, and Havard Strand, 2002, "Armed Conflict 1946-2001: A New Dataset", Journal Of Peace Research, 39 (5), pp. 615-637.
- GOLDBERG, Jonah, 2015, "US Mandates ISIS Embed Deeper into Civilian Populations", National Review, [http://www.nationalreview. com/corner/ 420230/us-mandates-isis-embed-deeper-civilian-populations-jonah-goldberg]
- HEGGHAMMER, Thomas, 2011, "The Rise of Muslim Foreign Fighters: Islam and the Globalization of Jihad", International Security, 35 (3), pp. 53-94.
- HEGGHAMMER, Thomas, 2013, "Should I Stay or Should I Go? Explaining Variation in Western Jihadists' Choice between Domestic and Foreign Fighting", American Political Science Review, 107 (1), pp. 1-15.
- HOLMQVIST, Caroline, 2005, "Engaging Armed Non-State Actors in Post-Conflict Settings", Security Governance in Post-Conflict Peacebuilding, Münster: LIT Verlag, pp. 45-68.
- HOLZSCHEITER, Anna, 2005, "Discourse as Capability: Non-State Actors' Capital in Global Governance", Millennium, 33 (3), pp. 723-746.
- IDLER, Annette Iris and James J.F. Forest, 2015, "Behavioral Patterns Among (Violent) Non-State Actors: A Study of Complementary Governance", Stability: International Journal of Security and Development, 4 (1).
- SANIN, Fransisco Gutierrez and Elisabeth Jean Wood, 2014, "Ideology in Civil War: Instrumental Adoption and Beyond", Journal of Peace Research, 51 (2), pp. 213-226.
- KLAUSEN, Jytte, 2015, "Tweeting the Jihad: Social Media Networks of Western Foreign Fighters in Syria and Iraq", Studies in Conflict & Terrorism, 38 (1), pp. 1-22.
- KORF, Benedikt, 2005, "Rethinking the Greed-Grievance Nexus: Property Rights and the Political Economy of War in Sri Lanka", Journal of Peace Research, 42 (2), pp. 201-217.
- KUZIO, Taras, 2015, "Competing Nationalisms, Euromaidan, and the Russian-Ukrainian Conflict", Studies in Ethnicity and Nationalism, 15 (1), pp. 157-169.
- LARUELLE, Marlene, 2016, "The Three Colors of Novorossiya, or the Russian Nationalist Mythmaking of the Ukrainian Crisis", PostSoviet Affairs, 32 (1), pp. 55-74.
- LAWSON, Fred H., 2014. "Syria's Mutating Civil War and its Impact on Turkey, Iraq and Iran", International Affairs, 90 (6), pp. 1351-1365.
- MATSUZATO, Kimitaka, 2017, "The Donbass War: Outbreak and Deadlock" Demokratizatsiya: The Journal of Post-Soviet Democratization, 25 (2), pp. 175-201.
- MATVEEVA, Anna, 2016, "No Moscow Stooges: Identity Polarization and Guerrilla Movements in Donbass", Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, 16 (1), pp. 25-50.
- MCCAULEY, Clark, 2016, "What Comes After ISIS? A Peace Proposal", Perspectives on Terrorism, 10 (4).
- OSIANDER, Andreas, 2001, "Sovereignty, International Relations, and the Westphalian Myth", International Organization, 55 (02), pp. 251-287.
- ÖZEN, Hayriye, 2015, "Latent Dynamics of Movement Formation: The Kurdish Case in Turkey (1940s-1960s)", Current Sociology, 63 (1), pp. 57-74.
- PODDER, Sukanya, 2013, "Non-State Armed Groups and Stability: Reconsidering Legitimacy and Inclusion". Contemporary Security Policy, 34 (1), pp. 16-39.
- RAEYMAEKERS, Timothy, Ken Menkhaus, and Koen Vlassenroot, 2017, "State and Non-State Regulation in African Protracted Crises: Governance without Government?", Afrika focus, 21 (2).
- ROBINSON, Paul, 2016, "Russia's Role in the War in Donbass, and the Threat to European security", European Politics and Society, 17 (4), pp. 506-521.
- ROSS, Micheal L., 2004, "How do Natural Resources Influence Civil War? Evidence from Thirteen Cases", International organization, 58 (1), pp. 35-67.
- SARİGİL, Zeki and Ömer Fazlıoğlu, 2014, "Exploring the Roots and Dynamics of Kurdish Ethno-Nationalism in Turkey", Nations and Nationalism, 20 (3), pp. 436-458.
- SERBINENKO, Iryna, 2016, "Presumptive Taxation in Ukraine Assessment of Previous and Current Systems from the Fiscal Perspective", International Journal, 4 (2), pp. 56-78.
- TREVISANI, Tommaso, 2007, "After the Kolkhoz: Rural Elites in Competition", Central Asian Survey, 26 (1), pp. 85-104.
- ÜNVER, Hamid Akın, 2016, "Schrödinger's Kurds: Transnational Kurdish Geopolitics in the Age of Shifting Borders" Journal of International Affairs, 69 (2).
- Vinci, Anthony, 2008, "Anarchy, Failed States, and Armed Groups: Reconsidering Conventional Analysis", International Studies Quarterly, 52 (2), pp. 295-314.
- YAVUZ, M. Hakan, 1998, "A Preamble to the Kurdish Question: The Politics of Kurdish Identity", Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs, 18 (1), pp.9-18.
- ZELIN, Aaron Y., 2015, "The Rise and Decline of Ansar al-Sharia in Libya", Current Trends in Islamist Ideology, 18, p. 104. Reports
- BERGER, J.M. and Jonathan Morgan, 2015, "The ISIS Twitter Census: Defining and describing the population of ISIS supporters on Twitter", The Brookings Project on US Relations with the Islamic World, 3 (20), pp.4-1. BIEHL, Janet, 2015. "Rojava's Threefold Economy". KurdishQuestion.com, (http://kurdishquestion.com/oldsite/index.php/ kurdistan/west-kurdistan/rojava-s-threefold-economy.html)
- CHROMIEC, Jan Jakub, and Nicole Koenig, 2015, "Supporting Ukraine's Difficult Path Towards Reforms", Jacques Delors Institut- Berlin, Policy Paper, (143).
- COLES, Isabel, 2015, "Despair, Hardship as Iraq Cuts off Wages in Islamic State Cities", Reuters, [http://www.reuters.com/article/usmideast-crisis-iraq-salaries-idUSKCN0RW0V620151002]
- COLLIER, Paul and Anke Hoeffler, 2004, "Greed and Grievance in Civil War", Oxford Economic Papers, 56 (4), pp. 563-595.
- DEMİRJİAN, Karoun, 2015, "Congress Wants to Strengthen Financial Sanctions against ISIS". The Washington Post. [https://www.washington post.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/12/24/congress-wants-to-strengthen - financial-sanctions-against-isis/]
- EVRAN, Seyit, 2014, "Dr. Yusuf: Rojava's Economic Model is a Communal Model", Fırat News Agency (ANF), [https://rojavareport.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/dr-yusuf-rojavaseconomic-model-is-a-communal-model/] (Access Date: 19 June 2016).
- FERNANDEZ, Alberto M., 2015, "Here to Stay and Growing: Combating ISIS Propaganda Networks", The Brookings Project on US Relations with the Islamic World Center for Middle East Policy at Brookings.
- GUNES, Cengiz and Robert Lowe, 2015, The Impact of the Syrian War on Kurdish Politics Across the Middle East , Chatham House. HARDING, Luke, 2014, "Inside 'Donetsk People's Republic': Balaclavas, Stalin Flags and Razorwire", The Guardian, [https://www.theguardian. com/ world/2014/apr/19/ukraine-donetsk-pro-russia-militants]
- Jones, Sam and Erika Solomon. 2015. "ISIS Inc: Jihadis Fund War Machine but Squeeze Citizens". Financial Times, [http://www.ft.com/ intl/cms/s/2/2ef519a6-a23d-11e5-bc70-7ff6d4fd203a.html#axzz4C2haXZPo]
- MASSEY, Colm, 2016, "A New Co-Operative Economy: Democratic Confederalism in Rojava and Bakur", Institute for Solidarity Economics, [http://solidarityeconomics.org/2016/06/07/a-new-co-operative -economy-democratic-confederalism-in-rojava-and-bakur/]
|APA||ÜNVER H (2017). Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces. Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi, 13(26), 45 - 83.|
|Chicago||ÜNVER H.Akın Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces. Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi 13, no.26 (2017): 45 - 83.|
|MLA||ÜNVER H.Akın Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces. Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi, vol.13, no.26, 2017, ss.45 - 83.|
|AMA||ÜNVER H Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces. Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi. 2017; 13(26): 45 - 83.|
|Vancouver||ÜNVER H Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces. Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi. 2017; 13(26): 45 - 83.|
|IEEE||ÜNVER H "Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces." Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi, 13, ss.45 - 83, 2017.|
|ISNAD||ÜNVER, H.Akın. "Militancy Governance under State Failure: Models of Legitimacy Contestation in Ungoverned Spaces". Güvenlik Stratejileri Dergisi 13/26 (2017), 45-83.|