Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose
Successful Desensitization with Ferric CarboxymaltoseÖz:
Parenteral iron treatment is used especially in patients who need urgent treatment, have intolerance symptoms to oral iron therapy, and/or where therapy with oral iron supplementation is insufficient. Allergic reactions can be observed with intravenous iron containing medicines and they should thus only be administered by trained staff with appropriate resuscitation facilities. The European Medicines Agency does not approve the use of intravenous iron-containing products in patients with previous hypersensitivity reactions to other parenteral iron products in its 2013 recommendations to manage the risk of allergic reactions to intravenous iron-containing medicines. However, it may be an option to administer intravenous iron therapy with desensitization in patients who need urgent treatment, who cannot be treated effectively with oral iron preparations, or display intolerance to these products. Here we present the first case of successful ferric carboxymaltose desensitization in a patient who had suffered a prior reaction with the same medicine.Anahtar Kelime:
Belge Türü: Makale Makale Türü: Olgu Sunumu Erişim Türü: Erişime Açık
- 1. Auerbach M, Adamson JW. How we diagnose and treat iron deficiency anemia. Am J Hematol 2016;91(1):31-8.
- 2. Cançado RD, Muñoz M. Intravenous iron therapy: How far have we come? Rev Bras Hematol Hemoter 2011;33(6):461-9.
- 3. Rognoni C, Venturini S, Meregaglia M, Marmifero M, Tarricone R. Efficacy and safety of ferric carboxymaltose and other formulations in iron-deficient patients: A systematic review and network meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials. Clin Drug Investig 2016;36(3):177-94.
- 4. Gilmartin CE, Hoang T, Cutts BA, Leung L. Retrospective cohort study comparing the adverse reactions and efficacy of intravenous iron polymaltose with ferric carboxymaltose for iron deficiency anemia. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2018;141(3):315-20.
- 5. Adkinson NF, Strauss WE, Macdougall IC, Bernard KE, Auerbach M, Kaper RF, et al. Comparative safety of intravenous ferumoxytol versus ferric carboxymaltose in iron deficiency anemia: A randomized trial. Am J Hematol 2018;93(5):683-90.
- 6. Ehlken B, Nathell L, Gohlke A, Bocuk D, Toussi M, Wohlfeil S. Evaluation of the reported rates of severe hypersensitivity reactions associated with Ferric Carboxymaltose and Iron (III) Isomaltoside 1000 in Europe Based on Data from EudraVigilance and VigiBase™ between 2014 and 2017. Drug Saf. 2019;42(3):463-71.
- 7. European Medicines Agency (EMA). New recommendations to manage risk of allergic reactions with intravenous iron-containing medicines. EMA/579491/2013. Access date: 31 July 2018. Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu.
- 8. Montandon SV, Fajt ML, Petrov AA. A safe and novel desensitization protocol with Ferric Carboxymaltose to treat iron deficiency anemia. Curr Drug Saf 2016;11(2):145-8.
- 9. Vifor Pharma UK Limited. Obtained from https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/5910/smpc
- 10. Altman LC, Petersen PE. Successful prevention of an anaphylactoid reaction to iron dextran. Ann Intern Med1988;109(4):346-7.
- 11. Monaghan MS, Glasco G, St John G, Bradsher RW, Olsen KM. Safe administration of iron dextran to a patient who reacted to the test dose. South Med J 1994;87(10):1010-12.
- 12. Hickman MA, Bernstein IL, Palascak JE. Successful administration of iron dextran in a patient who experienced a life threatening reaction to intravenous iron dextran. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2000;84(2):262-3.
- 13. Cardona R, Sánchez J, Ramírez R. Life-threatening reaction to iron dextran: Protocol for induction of tolerance. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 2016;26(1):48-9.
- 14. Rodríguez-Jiménez B, Domínguez-Ortega J, Nuñez-Acevedo B, Cava-Sumner B, Kindelan-RecarteC, Montojo Guillén C. Rapid iron desensitization after generalized urticaria and facial angioedema. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 2014;24(1):69-71.
- 15. Chapman E, Leal D, Alvarez L, Duarte M, García E. Two case reports of desensitization in patients with hypersensitivity to iron. World Allergy Organ J 2017;10(1):38.
|APA||ÖZDEDEOĞLU Ö, AKSU K, AKDOĞAN B, ATEŞ H, BUHARI G, KALKAN I, ÖZGÜL S, KAYA G (2020). Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose. Astım Allerji İmmünoloji, 18(1), 51 - 53. 10.21911/aai.460|
|Chicago||ÖZDEDEOĞLU Özlem,AKSU KURTULUŞ,AKDOĞAN Buket,ATEŞ Hale,BUHARI Gözde,KALKAN Ilkay,ÖZGÜL Seçkin,KAYA Görkem Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose. Astım Allerji İmmünoloji 18, no.1 (2020): 51 - 53. 10.21911/aai.460|
|MLA||ÖZDEDEOĞLU Özlem,AKSU KURTULUŞ,AKDOĞAN Buket,ATEŞ Hale,BUHARI Gözde,KALKAN Ilkay,ÖZGÜL Seçkin,KAYA Görkem Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose. Astım Allerji İmmünoloji, vol.18, no.1, 2020, ss.51 - 53. 10.21911/aai.460|
|AMA||ÖZDEDEOĞLU Ö,AKSU K,AKDOĞAN B,ATEŞ H,BUHARI G,KALKAN I,ÖZGÜL S,KAYA G Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose. Astım Allerji İmmünoloji. 2020; 18(1): 51 - 53. 10.21911/aai.460|
|Vancouver||ÖZDEDEOĞLU Ö,AKSU K,AKDOĞAN B,ATEŞ H,BUHARI G,KALKAN I,ÖZGÜL S,KAYA G Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose. Astım Allerji İmmünoloji. 2020; 18(1): 51 - 53. 10.21911/aai.460|
|IEEE||ÖZDEDEOĞLU Ö,AKSU K,AKDOĞAN B,ATEŞ H,BUHARI G,KALKAN I,ÖZGÜL S,KAYA G "Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose." Astım Allerji İmmünoloji, 18, ss.51 - 53, 2020. 10.21911/aai.460|
|ISNAD||ÖZDEDEOĞLU, Özlem vd. "Successful Desensitization with Ferric Carboxymaltose". Astım Allerji İmmünoloji 18/1 (2020), 51-53. https://doi.org/10.21911/aai.460|