Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism
Yıl: 2022 Cilt: 9 Sayı: 1 Sayfa Aralığı: 27 - 36 Metin Dili: İngilizce DOI: 10.17350/HJSE19030000252
Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door MechanismÖz:
In this study, the preliminary design of an in-flight refueling door mechanism is performed. A systematic design methodology is introduced and used in the design of the refueling door mechanism. The design is divided into two sub-functions: door opening and actuation. Nine different mechanism concepts are created for the door opening function and eight different concepts are created for the actuation function. Pugh decision matrix method is used to evaluate and select the most feasible options. Six experienced engineers scored the option set, resultantly two concepts for the door opening and three concepts for the actuation sub-function are selected. Kinematic synthesis of these concepts is performed and used to determine the upper and lower bounds during optimization. Kinematic and force analysis of the concepts are performed and utilized for the constraints and cost function calculations of the optimization algorithm. Multi-objective Genetic Algorithm optimization technique is used to optimize the parameters of the selected mechanisms. The best mechanism for each sub-function is selected and combined to reach the final design. It was shown that through optimization, the required input torque decreased approximately 20% for the door opening mechanism and the required input force decreased approximately 42% for the actuation mechanism when compared to the graphical synthesis results.Anahtar Kelime:
Belge Türü: Makale Makale Türü: Araştırma Makalesi Erişim Türü: Erişime Açık
- 1. Aerial refueling. (2003, May 31). Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_refueling
- 2. W. Alyafie, “Automatic Door System of Bus Door,” 2012. [Online]. Available: https://www.slideshare.net/WaleedAlyafie/automatic-door-of-bus-door.
- 3. B. Baykus, E. Anli, and I. Ozkol, “Design and Kinematics Analysis of a Parallel Mechanism to be Utilized as a Luggage Door by an Analogy to a Four-Bar Mechanism,” vol. 2011, no. April, pp. 411–421, 2011.
- 4. N. D. Thang, “Mechanism.” [Online]. Available: https://www.youtube.com/user/thang010146/about.
- 5. J. Soss, “Hinge,” US1484093A, 1924. Available: https://patents.google.com/patent/US1484093A/en
- 6. J. A. M. Eng, A. Toropov, and R. Ad, “Kinematics of Invisible Hinge,” J. Appl. Mech. Eng., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 4–11, 2017.
- 7. C. Lanni and M. Ceccarelli, “An Optimization Problem Algorithm for Kinematic Design of Mechanisms for Two-Finger Grippers,” Open Mech. Eng. J., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 49–62, 2009.
- 8. A. J. G. Nuttall and A. J. Klein Breteler, “Compliance Effects in a Parallel Jaw Gripper,” Mech. Mach. Theory, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 1509–1522, 2003.
- 9. G. N. Sandor and A. G. Erdman, “Advanced Mechanism Design”, Volume 2., Prentice-Hall International, Inc., London, 1984, pp. 76–90.
- 10. L. G. Reifschneider, “Teaching Kinematic Synthesis of Linkages without Complex Mathematics,” J. Ind. Technol., vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 17–32, 2005.
- 11. Akman H. (2019). A functional design methodology with genetic algorithm optimization to a door actuation mechanism. MS. Thesis, Middle East Technical University.
- 12. Dai, Xunhua, et al. "Hose-drum-unit Modeling and Control for Probe-and-drogue Autonomous Aerial Refueling." IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems (2019).
- 13. Yin, Haipeng, et al. "Pilot-Induced Oscillation Analysis for Receiver in Flying-Boom Aerial Refueling via Mission-Oriented Evaluation." 2019 IEEE 10th International Conference on Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (ICMAE). IEEE, 2019.
- 14. Wang, Qiansheng, et al. "Configuration Synthesis of Side Door Latch Power Release Mechanism." 2019 3rd International Conference on Electronic Information Technology and Computer Engineering (EITCE). IEEE, 2019.
- 15. Pedrammehr, Siamak, Mohammad Reza Chalak Qazani, and Saeid Nahavandi. "A novel axis symmetric parallel mechanism with coaxial actuated arms." 2018 4th International Conference on Control, Automation and Robotics (ICCAR). IEEE, 2018.
- 16. Freudenstein, F., and Maki, E. R. "The creation of mechanisms according to kinematic structure and function." Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 6.4 (1979): 375-391.
- 17. Ding, Huafeng, et al. "Automatic structural synthesis of the whole family of planar 3-degrees of freedom closed loop mechanisms." Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics 5.4 (2013).
- 18. Yang, Wenjian, Huafeng Ding, and Andrés Kecskeméthy. "Automatic synthesis of plane kinematic chains with prismatic pairs and up to 14 links." Mechanism and Machine Theory 132 (2019): 236-247.
- 19. Chen, Dar-Zen, and Wei-Ming Pai. "A methodology for conceptual design of mechanisms by parsing design specifications." (2005): 1039-1044.
- 20. Kunjur, Arun, and Sundar Krishnamurty. "Genetic algorithms in mechanism synthesis." Journal of Applied Mechanisms and Robotics 4.2 (1997): 18-24.
- 21. Cabrera, J. A., A. Simon, and M. Prado. "Optimal synthesis of mechanisms with genetic algorithms." Mechanism and machine theory 37.10 (2002): 1165-1177.
|APA||TURGUT A, AKMAN H, CALİSKAN H (2022). Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism. Hittite Journal of Science and Engineering, 9(1), 27 - 36. 10.17350/HJSE19030000252|
|Chicago||TURGUT Ali Emre,AKMAN Hasan,CALİSKAN Hakan Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism. Hittite Journal of Science and Engineering 9, no.1 (2022): 27 - 36. 10.17350/HJSE19030000252|
|MLA||TURGUT Ali Emre,AKMAN Hasan,CALİSKAN Hakan Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism. Hittite Journal of Science and Engineering, vol.9, no.1, 2022, ss.27 - 36. 10.17350/HJSE19030000252|
|AMA||TURGUT A,AKMAN H,CALİSKAN H Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism. Hittite Journal of Science and Engineering. 2022; 9(1): 27 - 36. 10.17350/HJSE19030000252|
|Vancouver||TURGUT A,AKMAN H,CALİSKAN H Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism. Hittite Journal of Science and Engineering. 2022; 9(1): 27 - 36. 10.17350/HJSE19030000252|
|IEEE||TURGUT A,AKMAN H,CALİSKAN H "Optimal Design of an In-flight Refueling Door Mechanism." Hittite Journal of Science and Engineering, 9, ss.27 - 36, 2022. 10.17350/HJSE19030000252|